We’ve seen a groundswell of activism all across the country in the past few years – which is why we launched the USOW Ambassador program. To help cultivate this energy and empower women to take action.
Earlier this year, we brought on 80 people in 40 U.S. states and territories– and our goal is to have Ambassadors in all 50 states and major U.S. territories in 2020, but we need your help!
This program is an opportunity for current and future leaders who are passionate about fighting for gender equity – no matter their background or experience. Our team here will work to ensure the Ambassadors have the right tools, resources, connections and support they need to tell the story of women’s power and make measurable changes in their communities.
Applications are due January 20, 2020 midnight local time. Our team will review applications in all 50 states and territories, but we strongly encourage applicants who reside in the following states to apply:
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
About USOW’s Ambassador Program
Ambassadors represent cities and states across the U.S. and work with USOW staff to bring those in their community interested in achieving a more united movement for gender equity. This will be through a combination of the following actions:
- Convene Grow a network of local supporters interested in taking action, focusing on outreach to individuals who haven’t previously done so or are looking to get more involved. Collaborate with local nonprofits and other organizations on events or actions. These actions may include mobilizing public support, meeting with local officials, launching a newspaper campaign, planning a rally, etc. Each Ambassador’s actions may be different and not all will fit into a single issue.
- Connect Bring stakeholders, such as government officials, business leaders, local non-profits, activists, and community members, working on gender equity across issue areas in your community together, ensuring that best practices are being shared, efforts are coordinated, and collaboration is happening through regular roundtables, continued engagement, and the eventual creation of a statewide network.
- Amplify Identify individuals doing innovative, groundbreaking, and/or critical work in your community that should be highlighted on USOW’s media channels and your community of USOW supporters. Actively share and interact with USOW media platforms and content to amplify the messages of our partner organizations and mission.
The United State of Women team is committed to providing Ambassadors with hands-on support throughout their tenure, including:
- Trainings Trainings on tangible skills such as leadership, organizing, and public speaking.
- Mentorship Opportunities to learn from industry experts.
- Network A community of support, including monthly conference calls, 1-1 strategy sessions, and a network of other Ambassadors.
- Resources Organizing toolkits and issue-specific data and information.
- Reach Ability to leverage USOW’s platform to highlight local events through email lists, social media, and organizational partners.
- Access The opportunity to represent USOW at local and regional events.
- Events Complimentary registration to USOW events in your area.
Want to learn more? Check out this recording of last cohort’s informational webinar with USOW Program Manager Gabriela Cristobal.
This is a volunteer position with a commitment of approximately 5 hours/week from June of 2020 through June of 2021 with the opportunity to represent your community for up to three cycles.
You can learn more about our current USOW Ambassadors here.