The United State of Women is a national organization dedicated to convening, connecting, and amplifying voices in the fight for full gender equity. We are a community for all who identify as women, gender-nonconforming, or allies, believe in full gender equity, and want to work collectively to achieve it. The United State of Women is housed at Civic Nation, a non-profit organization that uses organizing, engagement and public awareness to address some of our nation’s most pressing challenges. We work with public and private partners to build tools and campaigns that turn great ideas into action. To learn more about Civic Nation’s campaigns and tools, please visit civicnation.org/initiatives.
United State of Women Programs Intern
The United State of Women is seeking Spring interns to support their small but mighty team on a variety of programs projects, including providing direct support to USOW Ambassadors and assisting in the planning events across the country. Interns serve as an integral part of the USOW team, and therefore candidates should be comfortable pitching ideas, moving them forward, and contributing substantial work to projects. Interns will also have the opportunity to contribute their writing to USOW’s blog and media channels. The ideal candidate will be passionate about women’s empowerment, enjoy keeping up with the news, and be a detail-oriented self-starter.
This position can be part-time or full-time, depending on availability. If applicable, a stipend and/or class credit can be provided.
- Support the management of USOW’s Ambassador Program, which may include compiling resources, drafting emails, maintaining databases, conducting research, and developing new resources for the program.
- Work with USOW Programs team to support and execute a robust grassroots presence with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Assist in cultivation and onboarding of new organizational partners as well as supporting current relationships.
- Support the regular sending of USOW’s newsletter.
- Gather updates, create weekly agenda, and disseminate follow-up notes for weekly organizational partner call.
- Actively participate in all relevant USOW (internal and partner) meetings.
- Assist in the planning and execution of local, regional, and national events.
- Provide logistical support including occasional scheduling for senior staff, materials management, and note-taking
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or recent graduate (12 months)
- Excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills, including comfortability communicating with diverse audiences in-person, over email, and on the phone
- Experience with campus leadership, grassroots organizing, or opportunities similar to volunteer management
- Ability to take initiative and work independently on multiple tasks
- Understanding and appreciation of intersectional feminism. Demonstrated interest in women’s empowerment preferred
- Ability to work 20-35 hours per week
Please email your resume and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: United State of Women Program Intern by midnight local time on Friday, January 24th. The position is based in Downtown Washington, DC.