When is the Summit?
The 2018 United State of Women Summit will take place on Saturday, May 5 and Sunday May 6, 2018.
Who can attend the Summit?
The United State of Women Summit is open to all people. All gender identities, expressions, and ages are welcome to attend the Summit.
How can ticket holders sign up for breakouts?
Ticket holders can sign up for breakouts with their Eventbrite order email and number here.
What are the costs for tickets?
General admission tickets are $55.00 (plus processing fee and tax) for attendees who are students, seeking employment or employed at a non-profit organization. General admission tickets are $155.00 (plus processing fee and tax). All tickets are nonrefundable and are for both days. The Summit will not have single day tickets for sale.
Are there scholarships available for the 2018 USOW Summit?
The United State of Women is thrilled to be awarding a limited number of scholarships to changemakers who are turning their passion into action for admission to the 2018 USOW Summit in Los Angeles on May 5th and 6th, 2018. Applications for individuals and groups will be accepted on a rolling basis. Additional expenses (including transportation and lodging) will not be included. First round of scholarship applications (applied by March 30th) will be notified of their status by April 6th.
The Shrine Auditorium & Expo Hall is easily accessible via the Metro Expo Line (5 minute walk from Jefferson/USC station) and multiple bus lines. Use the map above or visit metro.net for directions from your location.
Where can I park?
What is the schedule for the event?
The summit programming will run from 9 AM to 6 PM on Saturday and various times on Sunday depending on the Day Two event you choose. A more detailed schedule will be released at a later date. If you are traveling from out of town, we recommend you plan to arrive on Friday and depart Sunday evening or Monday morning if you would like to attend the entirety of both Day One and Day Two.
Where should I stay in Los Angeles?
We recommend the following:
- Hotel Indigo Los Angeles Downtown
- Call 1-866-246-3446 or book online here and use group code WI5 for discount.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles Downtown
- Call 1-800-222-8733 or book online here and use group code UWA for discount.
- LINE LA
- Book online here and use group code USWS for discount.
- Courtyard Los Angeles L.A. LIVE
- Call 1-800-228-9290 and refer to the United State of Women Summit or book online here for discount.
How do I register for breakout sessions?
Registered attendees will receive an email in the coming weeks with breakout registration instructions.
Will there be gender-neutral bathrooms?
Yes! The summit’s restrooms may be used by any person regardless of gender identity or expression.
If I have a disability, will there be accommodations?
The United State of Women strives to be accessible to all people, of all abilities. The Shrine Auditorium is accessible, and we want to work with attendees on accommodations. If you need an accommodation, please note that as you register and if you have any questions please email email@example.com
Can I volunteer at the Summit?
We do not currently need volunteers at this time, but stay tuned to our website for more information if this changes in the coming weeks.
What should I wear?
USOW encourages all gender identities, expressions, and ages to be themselves; whatever is most comfortable for you is appropriate for the Summit!
Will food be provided?
Yes! On Day One, food will be provided at the Shrine Auditorium.Vegetarian, kosher, and gluten-free options will be available. On Day Two, attendees will be at off-site trainings in Los Angeles and food will not be provided.
What am I not allowed to bring in?
Below is a list of items that the Shrine Auditorium prohibits:
- No Outside Food or Beverage including Candy
- No Alcohol
- No Drugs, drug paraphernalia, illegal substances, e-cigarettes, no liquid refills for vape pens
- No Eye Drops
- No Oversized purses or back packs, such as luggage, duffle bags, or industrial sized backpacks (anything over 14”H x 14”W x 6”D)
- No Open packs of cigarettes and gum / unsealed tampons (upon entry)
- No Weapons, ammunition, tasers, explosives, fireworks, tear gas, pepper spray, pocket knives/blades of any size
- No Pets (with the exception of service animals)
- No Glass bottles, metal cans, cups or coolers, camelbaks, bota bags, plastic or metal water bottles
- No Instruments, noise making devices (i.e. horns, cowbells, whistles)
- No Blankets & Chairs
- No Strollers
- No Flags, Beach Balls, Frisbees, Balloons
- No Laser Pointers, Light Gloves, LED Micro Lights, Flashlights or Glow Sticks
- No Massagers, plush or furry items (including backpacks), pacifiers
- No Masks including dust masks
- No Professional cameras (no detachable lenses), tripods, go-pros, selfie sticks, audio recording devices
- No Stickers, Flyers, Posters, Sharpies/Markers, Spray Paint
- No Water Guns, toy replica weapons, squirt bottles, soap bubbles, slingshots
- No Hula Hoops
- No Skateboards, roller skates, or roller blades
- No Drones or Remote Control Aircraft, Cars or Toys
- No Gang attire, chain wallets, spiked collars or belts
- No other item or action that challenges public safety
Please email Press@civicnation.org to inquire about press credentials.
What if I have a question that is not listed here?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!